EFSA has identified the following groups as their stakeholder base:
- Consumer organisations
- Environmental/health NGOs and advocacy groups
- Farmers and primary producers
- Business and food industry associations
- Distributors and HORECA (businesses that prepare and serve food and drinks)
- Practitioners’ associations (eg. vets and medics)
To be eligible to register as a stakeholder, relevant bodies must be legally established in the EU/EEA and active at EU level. However, organisations that do not fall into this category can still seek to support and guide EFSA through their relevant EU-level body.